Sole En Papillote with Beurre Blanc
Yield: # Servings
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 – 2″ long strip lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tarragon sprigs
- 2/3 pound Dover sole filets
- 1/2 cup yellow squash rounds
- 1/2 cup zucchini rounds
- 1/2 cup baby salad shrimp, cooked
Beurre Blanc Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of cooking Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper, approximately 18″ wide.
- Divide the fish between the two parchment sheets, place the fish in the center on one side of the parchment.
- Add the zucchini, squash and shrimp.
- Sprinkle or spray with a little Chardonnay then fold the parchment over the fish (like you are closing a book).
- Start twisting at one end of a side and continue twisting tightly until each side is sealed.
- Place the packets on a jelly roll pan and bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish and until vegetables are tender.
- Begin making the buerre blanc sauce as the fish is cooking.
- When the packets are done, remove them from the oven and cut a slit in the center of each packet.
Buerre Blanc Sauce:
- Combine the wine, vinegar, lemon juice and shallots in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken and reduce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the cold butter, one tablespoon at a time.
- Stir constantly with a whisk after each addition until the butter has completely melted.
- Repeat until all the butter has been incorporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tarragon.
- Spoon the beurre blanc sauce over the fish and serve immediately.