Wild Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs with skin (have butcher debone)
- 6oz mix of mushrooms, diced
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 4 sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Salt & pepper
- Butcher twine
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock, not broth, reduced to 1 cup
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 1/2 Tbsp tarragon leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp Granulated garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp of finely ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Layout deboned thighs flat skin side down.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium skillet, heat half the butter and add shallots and garlic, cooking until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Add diced mushrooms and cook 8-10 minutes until mushroom liquid is gone.
- Add tarragon for 1 minute.
- Cool mixture.
- Once the mushroom mixture is cool, use 2-3 tablespoons and place on inside of the chicken and roll up and tie off with butcher twine.
- Rub outside (Skin) with remaining butter and salt and pepper and sprinkle a few tarragon leaves over the top.
- Put the chicken into an oven-proof roasting pan and place it in the preheated oven.
- Roast for 45 - 60 minutes.
- In a small pan or pot, melt butter on low.
- Add flour and stir consistently until the mixture has turned a very light brown color. Do not allow to burn.
- Allow to cool.
- Reduce 2 cups of Chicken stock by 50%. Set aside.
- Sauté diced shallots in butter, until lightly browned in a small sauce pot.
- Add tarragon, granulated garlic, paprika, white pepper, and salt to taste. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock into the mixture, scrape the pan and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce to a low simmer.
- Add a small amount of roux slowly unit the mixture thickens.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer, DO NOT BOIL!
Presentation: Once the chicken is done, remove the twine, and place 2 thighs on each plate. Ladle the sauce over the chicken.
Sides: Risotto or mashed potatoes. Steamed Baby carrots or roasted Brussel Sprouts.